Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.

Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.


Thoughts:
A beautifully crafted novel that emotionally captures how we process grief and deal with mourning in the aftermath of losing a loved one. The flashbacks to Nell and Kyle's youthful and innocent teenage romance smoothly complemented the intense connection present between Nell and Colton, two broken souls who find love as they help each other come to terms with Kyle's tragic death. The novel lived up to everything the synopsis promised, and more. Heart wrenching, emotional, intense. Definitely worth reading. 

Rating:
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment


Scarlette xx